London Ice Hockey - Streatham Ice Hockey News 2014 | Streatham Ice Hockey -
Jan 8, 2018

Four point weekend sealed in Kent

Streatham started 2018 in style with a 5-2 road win in Kent against the Invicta Dynamos.

The RedHawks welcomed back Ryan Webb to the line- up but travelled without the injured Adam Wood and suspended pair Ben Paynter and Brandon Miles. Import Andreas Siagris was also unavailable due to personal reasons.

After skating off the festive rust the previous evening against MK, the RedHawks were understandably sharper than their opponents who were icing for the first time in 2018. The noisy crowd were on their feet at the 12 minute mark as former Bristol and Bracknell man Steve Osman tipped a point shot past Matt Colcough in the Streatham net to give the Mo's an early lead.

Colclough had been a pre-match doubt for Streatham thanks to five stitches in his forehead caused by a slapshot to the mask the previous night. Despite outshooting the hosts 17-11, the RedHawks could not find a way past netminder Damien King before the first period buzzer.

It took seven minutes of the second period for Streatham to finally break the seal as Ryan Webb finished from close range to the delight of the travelling Streatham fans. Seven minutes later Webb fired into the top corner to make it 2-1 and then James Warman scored from the point with a low shot through the pads of King for a two goal cushion.

With Streatham holding a two goal lead and on course for their 9th win in 11 games the struggling Dynamos had an uphill task in the third period.

Eight minutes into the period former Mo’s man Jacob Ranson made it 4-1 with a smart finish from the slot and then the icing on the cake came five minutes from time as Adam Carr raced through the middle of the ice on a shorthanded play and roofed the puck over the sprawling King to rub salt in the wounds.

The Mo’s did get a late consolation two minutes from the end as Scott Bailey found Colclough’s five hole but it was too little too late.

The game ended 5-2 to Streatham and sealed a well-deserved four point weekend.

Man of the match -  Ryan Webb.